Tax Disputes & Objections

Do you feel that the Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) has unfairly assessed you? Are you involved in an unfair audit? If you are in a dispute with the CRA in respects to a tax debt, your next step is to file a Notice of Objection. It’s important to remember that the CRA can be, and often is, wrong in respects to the debt that is owed.

A taxpayer has 90 days from the date of the assessment to file a Notice of Objection with CRA. If you miss this deadline, the CRA will allow you up to 12 months to obtain an extension. However, the CRA is known to be strict with businesses by denying them extensions.

At this point, you must decide whether you will do this on your own or have a tax professional represent you. Before proceeding on your own, you should be well informed about tax law and the procedure. Although you have the option of hiring an accountant, choosing a tax lawyer is a better choice as we are trained to fight for your rights and argue your position.

If you have decided to fight the CRA and to object to a Notice of Assessment or Reassessment in order to end your tax dispute call us today at 1-877-8-TAX-TAX (829-829) to schedule a consultation with a tax lawyer or fill out the form to your left.

Call us today


Have Your Legal Tax Questions Answered

Copyrights © 2018 Barrett Tax Law. All Rights Reserved